Snag that Style: Look 4: Skulls and legs and studs, oh my!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Soooooo, when I found this Nic pic on Pinterest, I thought it was adorable and dove into the depths of my wardrobe to find just the right pieces to recreate it.  That's when I realized... I barely own anything black (gasp!)!  In high school, I wore tons of t-shirts and jeans and sneakers and after I had my fashion revolution, I've been hooked on patterns and details and all sorts of wild craziness.  Apparently, in this colourful frenzy I forgot all about black!  

I did the best I could with what I had.  I didn't have black ankle booties and really couldn't help but throw on my skull scarf.  I guess my next challenge will have to be finding a totally black monochromatic outfit and rawking it.  We'll see if I have it in me... 

Speaking of see... you can see that I'm not at home!  No, ladies and gentlemen, I was lucky enough to go on another small adventure to the city.  My friend Kris took me to brunch and then we went to the Shedd Aquarium and since it was a lovely and warm but very foggy day, we decided to climb some street art.  It was the most hilarious train wreck I've had the privilege of taking part in in a long time!  Literally... I showed Trip these snaps and his only reaction was, "The things you do in heels..."









Dress Tulle c/o Plato's Closet
Scarf/Booties c/o Charlotte Russe
Tote c/o H&M

Follow with Blog Lovin'

22 comments :

  1. Those legs are quite scary hahaha xD Love your scarf! And I think I have the same spike bracelet <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty creepy. It was even spookier because it was super foggy by the lake (near the statues), but totally sunny on the other side of Michigan Ave.!

      Delete
  2. Me encanto tu bufanda, muy linda. http://lovelylipsstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recreation, so effortless. You got it down girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried! I just can't wear all black! Seriously! Good thing I don't live in Manhattan anymore. I'd make a terrible New Yawker!

      Delete
  4. Hey sweetie!
    I´m already following you!
    Nice pics!
    Love!!
    Suzie,
    http://qstomizate.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!
    Great pictures! :)
    I like your style!
    Love

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was a fun spot for photos!

      Delete
  6. Love the look so much, and the last photo is amazing! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit blurry! But it works! I miss dancing!

      Delete
  7. Perfect girl!

    Love this post, It's different and pretty.

    Thanks for comment on my blog =)

    addictbeiconic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your blog every day! I recently started vlogging and am going to do a vlog/blog post with my favourite blogs and yours will definitely be on the list!

      Delete
  8. Love the location for your blog post! Thanks for follow and comments on my blog, i'm following you now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics and the blog!!!
    Thanks for following, I follow you back.
    I also do and love ballet!:)

    Kisses from http://notengomiedoalasalturas.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get back into a studio, but every time I take a ballet class, I dislocate my knee! Grrr!

      Delete
  10. You look super pretty and that place is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a fun spot! I knew it existed, but had actually never seen it until this day!

      Delete
  11. Those are some crazy legs...the art! Ha! Love the pictures.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit! :D
    I'm following you x

    Nicole
    http://myfavouritefashion.blogspot.hk/

    ReplyDelete