Breasts, wings, or thighs...

Friday, June 21, 2013

Tout le monde, I am pleased to announce that summer is officially here (happy Solstice!). The weather is warm and hemlines are going up, up, up! Last week, I talked about how I never wear jeans.  Well, my loves, I also very rarely wear shorts (unless they are under a dress... cos, you know... I like to climb trees and do cartwheels at the most impromptu times).  For the last few years, I have stayed away from shorts because of my thighs.  Yes.  Really.  I can't stand my thighs.  

I think that just about everyone has that one part of their body that they just don't like and for me, my thighs are it.  Back in my ballerina days, my legs were toned.  Like, crazy toned.  I had muscles of steel, but since I developed arthritis and have had to seriously cut back on dance and exercise in general, and since my love of oh, cookies, cupcakes, mac n' cheese, hot dogs, etc. has not diminished, everything goes straight to the backs of my legs.  I'll get real here.  I'm not a big person.  In the grand scheme of things, my thighs aren't all that bad, but I tend to feel the need to hide them since I can't tone them down any more than they already are and I think they make me look out of proportion.

Since I am changing about 90% of my life in the very near future, I figured I should get over the body image issue and just chill the eff out.  And so, tout le monde, here I am, beginning to let go of one of those things that in the big picture, really doesn't matter.  Today, I debut to you, my thighs.  

Anyone else have a body part that they don't love?  Stop hating it!  It feels good not to care so much about the little (or big) things!  







Kimono Forever 21 c/o Plato's Closet
Lace top Aerie c/o Plato's Closet
Shorts & Booties c/o Charotte Russe
Skull ring c/o PersunMall

Google Reader is going to disappear soon!  Please follow along with Blog Lovin! 

26 comments :

  1. Why? You have great legs and I like your outfit <3

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have felt for the longest time that they're out of proportion!

      Delete
  2. Hello, I love your style! I'm following you on GFC, Pinterest, and Blog Lovin!
    Kisses

    http://blogluminoso.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to see your blog, but the page won't load!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had so much fun on this photoshoot, you look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that ring! This outfit is great! Perfection!!

    Xo, Delightful Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures and that kimono I'd great! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! And might I add your thighs look GREAT in those shorts. :-)

    Kendra
    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and lovely photos! I love your nails!!

    Have a wonderful day,

    Boonya - theartywardrobe.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the nail polish and thank you for commenting and following. followed you back on both platforms.

    xoxo
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Te he... I literally just dunked my fingers in loose glitter!

      Delete
  9. Way to go!! Being real is always a good idea... and I couldn't agree with you more!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have amazing legs. I'm surprised you think that way. I get told that I am skinny and that comes with mixed comments too. I don't think you can satisfy everyone. Love your skull ring and your nail polish. :)

    xx
    Heel in Mint

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute outfit. I love the kimono, the pattern is so cute. :)

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you mixed floral with lace...and they paired it with some rugged booties :) And awesome manicure!!

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog you have great style! I love your outfit and your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty styled outfit, love the top, really cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful outfit, and your great at modeling the clothes! :)
    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great girly outfit, cute booties and your legs, you must know that they look fab, no worries!
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The hem lines certainly are gotting higher and higher and hunny your thighs look perfectly fine in those shorts to me.

    love the second photo.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete