Bonjour, tout le monde! After yesterday's dark and spooky ghost post, and equally dark photoshoot, I decided to turn the tables. And because I am home alone at the moment and it is super windy and I'm hearing all sorts of spooky noises in my house, I thought I switch to a totally different topic: contradictions.
Yes, for my whole life, I've felt like something of a walking contradiction. Once I became old enough to realize what contradictions were, I blamed my vagaries (hehe... that's a silly word) on my parents, as they are polar opposites, and heck, it's easy to blame your parents for the weirdness in your life.
It wasn't until very recently that I began to notice that I am not, in fact, the only weirdo who enjoys climbing trees whilst wearing heels and a dress and drinking Scotch and smoking cigars with my pinkies out. There are other totally contradictory people out there! Case and point:
1) I have an acquaintance who, in certain company, will describe herself as a sporty, laid back, tomboy. However, in different company, she happily refers to herself as a high-maintenance princess.
2) When a butterfly managed to find its way into our home around 2 AM one night last week, Soldier Boy, who will unflinchingly walk into a warzone and not fret about being shot, went running around the upstairs screaming when said butterfly got anywhere near him.
3) My vegetarian friend ordered a grilled cheese with bacon. When I pointed out that there was meat on her sandwich, she shrugged and downed the whole thing, bacon and all.
4) A former roommate who was very vocal about her ability, as a woman, to go out and make her own money signed up for an online dating service and went on dates to have her meals paid for and called daddy every time the rent was due.
5) Those people (and yes, I am one of them) who love tomato sauce and ketchup but can't stand tomatoes or really enjoy olive oil, but cannot stomach an olive.
I'm definitely not knocking any of these people and I'm sure I've got about 12 billion contradictions more than the average person, but it certainly is fun to notice and ponder!
Do you have any wonky contradictions? Know someone else who does?
Oh, and on a side note... : the daily savant : OFFICIALLY TURNS TWO TODAY! Yaaaaaaay!
Follow along with Blog Lovin!