Disclaimer: The words in this post have absolutely nothing to do with this outfit.
You know how when you meet new people, you quickly wear out on talking about the weather and have to actually attempt to get to know one another or the whole conversation becomes an awkward turtle to the 100th power? I was thinking, the other day, about all of the things that have turned me into an awkward turtle in the recent and not-so-recent past, simply because other people are REALLY into these things, but I just can't seem to understand why (despite numerous efforts to the contrary). Here's my list:
1) Sushi- I really, seriously, wish that I could call someone up and say "Hey, girl! Want to go for sushi?" and mean it, but for rizzle… eating raw fish? I've heard that it tastes amazing, but I can't get past the smell long enough to even approach the texture, much less to examine the taste. Guess I'll have the California rolls.
2) Yoga- Oh my gosh, when yoga became a thing, I thought I'd be all over it. I signed up for a class, went every week, but the only part I liked was the Shavasana. I really loved laying in a dark, incense-filled room, listening to spacey tunes and the everso calm voice of my instructor helping me to control my breathing. She got bonus points because she covered us with warm blankets and gave us lavender-scented eye pillows. If I could just go to Shavasana class, I would. I just can't hold still long enough to do yoga. Yes, I am aware that I am totally contradicting myself.
3) Game of Thrones- Ok, so I've only watched the first 4 episodes of the first season, but it just seems like a bunch of people getting naked and killing one another. I've visited multiple sites where the show is filmed, I've tried reading the books, but the only story line I can get into is that of Daenerys Targaryen.
4) Running- You half marathoners and marathoners deserve the medals you get when you finish your races. I will, likely, never, ever, be running alongside you (crazy people). In all fairness, I'm not actually supposed to run because of that whole arthritis thing I'm rawking in my knees, but even before I had that, running was definitely not my thing. More power to 'ya!
5) Sports- Grown men, wearing pads, and playing with balls. I just don't have much to add to that.
Do you have any topics like these? Things you wish you cared about, but just can't get into?
Follow along with Blog Lovin!