Sunday, February 22, 2015

I believe…



deb shops aztec print crop top, white plum boutique gold palazzo pants, azeeta designs sunburst navel belly ring, skar designs jewelry tail feather necklace, primlark arrow necklace, hl collection floral cocktail ring, boho outfits, hippie outfits, positive affirmations, positive thoughts

Woke up this morning with the song "I Believe" by SOJA in my head and since it is a bright sunny day (clearly didn't take these snaps today!) and I may have finally succumbed to the bug that's been rippling through work like wildfire for the last month, I decided to give myself a day off.  A day to lay around and do nothing, if I so choose.  

In doing so, I've had the phrase "I believe" passing through my mind on repeat, and I came up of a list of little things that I believe in (and full believe helps to keep me in a state of relative sanity).

I believe in air drying.  Why do I need a machine to do what nature can do with little to no effort?

I believe in being liquid.  I'm not just talking about being a good saver, but about being prepared to flow into the next change that life throws at you. 

I believe in being sun kissed.  In addition to a healthy glow, the sun improves mood, energy level, and memory by way of vitamin D production.  Can't argue with that!

I believe in (though am admittedly horrible) at recharging.  Tired?  No energy?  Feeling blue?  If there is no sun (or even if there is sun), let yourself recharge.  We live in a society where there is almost always more that we are expected to do, but we really weren't made to be hamsters on a never-ending wheel.  Sit. Down. And do.  Nothing! 

I believe in the healing power of music.  I also equally believe in the quiet sounds of nature. 

I believe in having enough, not in having too much. 

I believe that chemicals, like people, can be wonderful and can help us, but can always be toxic.  Eliminate the bad and leave more room for the good. 

I believe in being self-sufficient just as much as I believe in helping those who need it. 

I believe in returning what you've borrowed.  

I believe in getting along.

I believe in noticing small things. 

I believe in trying to be happy. 




Follow along with Blog Lovin! 

9 comments:

  1. Love those awesome pants

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, such an bohemian arabic kinda outfit :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wore it to dance classes! My students loved it!

      Delete
  3. I actually have never heard of that song and had to look it up after reading your post. On another note, I love the pairing of that belly ring with the aztec top. It's a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got a bunch of new belly rings and I wanted to share them. With the cold weather, crop tops are the best possible way I could think of to do so!

      Delete