Monday, March 16, 2015

Cinnabiscuits…


easy breakfast, easy biscuits, cinnamon biscuits, cinnabiscuits
Today, I'm introducing a brand new segment: #munchiemonday!  Because I don't love to cook, but I love to eat and wish I was better about following and/or developing recipes, I've decided to start trying and creating recipes to share with the world.

Disclaimer: When I cook, I don't usually measure things.  I eyeball them… cos ain't nobody got time for measurements when their belly is grumbling.  This is good, because I get food faster, but is bad because my recipes tend to be difficult to replicate… so I actually measured stuff for my very first #munchiemonday!

I'm kind of a carb fiend, but I am trying to incorporate fruits (cos I almost never manage to eat them) and more veggies into my diet.  This recipe doesn't include fruit or veggies, but all of the ingredients are relatively natural, so I feel like this is a slightly healthy recipe.  It's healthier than re-heating frozen food, anyway!   Since in addition to being a carb fiend, I'm also a bit of a breakfast fiend, I created these yummalicious cinnabiscuits!  Here's what you need:

2 cups of the flour of your choice (I used unbleached)
1 cup of the milk of your choice (I used 2%)
1/3 cup of melted butter
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt

1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  My temperamental German oven is set to 250 Celcius, which is about 400 Fahrenheit, but 350 should do it.

2) Toss all of your ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl and blend together.  I don't actually own a mixer, so I get it started with a wooden spoon and once all the milk has been absorbed, I kneed it by hand.  Feel free to add a splash more milk if your mixture is too floury.

3) When you have a consistent dough, roll into balls and drop onto a greased baking sheet.

4) Pop these bits o' yum into the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

5) Optional: You can whip up some royal icing, or if like me, you happen to have a bottle of pre-made glaze on hand, go ahead and drizzle a bit on top!

6) Enjoy your breakfast!  Store any extras in covered container in a cool place and pop in the micro for 30 seconds to warm up the next time you're ready for one!

Note: If you aren't into cinnamon, you can always remove the cinnamon and sugar and add a bit more butter.  Change it up by adding seasoned salt and garlic and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top for an easy dinner side!

15 comments:

  1. These look so yummy!

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are! I highly recommend them!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, these sound really really gooood. P.s, who aint into cinnamon!!?

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I could have added about twice the cinnamon and still been way more into these!

      Delete
  3. oooouuuuh! i cant cook either...guess illl have to try haha but they look good and very eatable.


    I got a surprise on Le Blog: ' SWEET GESTURES TO JOYA ..." // check it out

    Greets Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are insanely easy to make! Give 'em a try!

      Delete
  4. Those frosted cinnabiscuits look so warm and good! I totally relate to just "eyeballing it" because measuring takes "too much time." If my hands were measuring cups, it would be just fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah yum will try to re-create a vegan version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, that looks so good! I wish I wasn't such a klutz in the kitchen, I'd totally make this.

    The Style Boro

    ReplyDelete