Monday, April 6, 2015

This one time when I accidentally created the most delicious meal ever…


easy dinners, easy recipes, chicken recipe, couscous recipe, meat and sides

It may not look like much… and the lighting is not the best because I forgot that our clocks moved forward and it was still slightly sunny at 8:30 PM and I had to cook in a hot hurry. 

This meal was created by accident.  Since I was apparently just running late all day, I woke up late, knew I'd need something defrosted and ready to quickly sauté when I returned from work 10 hours later, so I literally wandered into the pantry, grabbed a bunch of random stuff, tossed it into a container of frozen chicken to simultaneously defrost and marinate all day and I'll be darned if it wasn't amazing! When I added the couscous, it was perfection.  Here's what I did to create this savory orange chicken, garlic couscous, and broccoli: 

Chicken (I used 4 tenders to keep portion sizes small)

: 2 tbsp orange olive oil
: 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
: 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
: 1/2 cup chicken broth
: a sprinkle of garlic powder, rubbed sage, and some freshly cracked pepper

Like I said, I literally tossed all of this into a Tupperware container and let it sit all day to defrost and marinate.  Then, I sautéed it for about 8 minutes and that was that! 

Couscous

: 1 cup of Pearl couscous
: 2 cups of water
: 2 tbsp butter
: 1 tsp garlic
: cracked pepper

Boil the couscous in water until it has become soft.  Turn off heat and add butter, garlic and pepper.  Stir in so it is evenly distributed. That's it! 

Broccoli

I cheated and just used 2 cups of the frozen stuff that I cooked in the micro (totally meant to steam it, but I ran out of time).  Added 1 tsp of lemon juice and garnished with sea salt! 

So delicious! 


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah… it was a total fluke! I was really just trying to clean stuff out of the pantry!

      Delete
  2. You're a genius!
    I did the same thing once - I now call it my "inverted Sushi"
    Pan fry some teriyaki marinated salmon/chicken serve on quinoa dressed with Soy sauce and wasabi with capsicum, red onion and cucumber diced through it. Pickled ginger on the side = YUMMO.

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yum! I practically want to eat my laptop screen :)
    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol… probably wouldn't taste so hot, but the recipe is all yours if you'd like to try it out!

      Delete