Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Eccentricities or disciplines…


I Am Jes turquoise bracelet set, Ija Designs/Nashelle askew lines bracelet, Amy Waltz Designs crescent moon ring, Mountain Lust Jewelry naturally shed antler necklace, Vespe Studio Hamsa hand necklace, palazzo pants, boho outfit, bohemian outfit, festival outfit, hippie outfit

I was thoroughly enjoying the very first article in the current issue of Kinfolk when I came across this quote: “What might seem to be eccentricity is actually fine-tuned discipline.”

I kind of really love that thought.  

Some people seem super crazy.  They do wonky things like wear pink on Wednesdays,  or carrying a lucky penny maybe aren't crazy.  They're just things that people have disciplined themselves to do and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  

I like to wear palazzo pants and baggy shirts (aka upgraded pajamas) to work on a regular basis.  I feel put together, while still feeling insanely comfy AND I can move around in them if I have to teach a gymnastics or dance class.  It's a win-win-win situation for me, but to others, I probably look like a lazy bag lady.  

I'll just call it "fine-tuned discipline" and leave it at that.  

Do you have any quirks that people think are eccentric, but that you've trained yourself to do? 









6 comments:

  1. Just as comfy as pajamas but totally more stylish. Great look!

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I don't know if I have any quirks. I have to think about that one! Anyway, I love these accessories! xo
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your jewellery! I think my eccentricity is wearing man shirts as dresses. To some I look like I was naked and stole some guy's shirt but didn't get to his pants in time lol . I don't care what they think, I feel great wearing just that.
    xo,
    Alina
    alinasays.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great done up like that

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit does look incredibly comfortable. I'm sure I have quirks. I just can't think of any at the moment! Ha!

    ReplyDelete