Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanks given...



I have been the worst blogger on the face of the planet, but I swear I have good reason! In the last week, my car has died, I flew from Germany to Chicago, landed in a blizzard, bought a new laptop, got knee surgery, had my new laptop go bad on me and now suddenly, here we are at Thanksgiving. 

As I write this, I am lying in bed with a giant ice pack on my elevated leg, the doorbell has just rung and my step- dad is downstairs entertaining a distantly related family member who only comes out of the woodwork on this day each year.  My mom and aunt have their hair dryers going at full force and, since the snow has melted and it's about 60 degrees outside, I can hear more familiar voices out in the driveway through my open window. 

I've never liked Thanksgiving.  The whole idea of it bugs me. My family is not close, and I continually marvel over the way we are nah ever in the same place once a year.  It is my first Thanksgiving back in the states in a few years and I am missing all of my friends (and SB) in Germany. 

I am thankful; however, to be home.  I think I needed a break from my life, even if it was just to be sliced up and sewn back together.  

Anyway, I guess what I'm poorly trying to say (blame the pain drugs) is that even through weirdness, strangeness, foreignness and pain, there is always something to be thankful for.  I wish you all peace and the ability to seek the happy little it's in the midst of anything sad/bad. 







2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better! Enjoy the weekend :)
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit and hair. I hope your knee is healing well and wishing you a speedy recovery! xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk - natural beauty, affordable fashion, everyday life

    ReplyDelete