Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Keep calm...


CN Direct orange tunic sweater, Jessica Ricci Jewelry Israel artifact necklace, running shoes outfit

The new year is coming.  It's a fact.  And with the new year comes an onslaught of plans and promises to improve oneself: lose weight, eat healthier foods, volunteer, put the kibosh on the Oreo obsession, etc.  and though it is not officially the time for resolutions, I've really been attempting to teach myself how to CALM DOWN!  

From my "Keep Calm" water bottle to my newly amassed collection of Om/yoga jewelry, I am trying to just chill the heck out!  I've always been the first to escalate at the first sign of of a life hiccup (which may be why I connect so well to students who throw temper tantrums).  When I was home for surgery, I had a conversation with my mum about which role my step siblings fill.  We have a trouble child, a chill child, and me: the drama queen.  

So while the last 3 weeks have been one catastrophe after the next (with yet another one in the works) I am trying to find a mental place of calm and rationality.  It isn't easy for me.  

What do you do to chill out and keep calm?  




2 comments: