Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Chinese New Year...


entre2et7 asian-inspired tribal earrings, LucLuc black kimono, SammyDress black shift dress, Old Navy tall riding boots, monochromatic outfit, black outfit, casual outfit

Happy Chinese New Year!  One of the truly great things about living back at home and working where I work is that there is a ton of diversity!  Last week, in an interest conversation about celebrations with a student who moved to the states from India several years ago, it came out that I have, in the past, celebrated Diwali.  She celebrates Diwali every year and was totally shocked that someone (I assume who looks) like me could possibly celebrate Diwali.  After that, I had students approaching me to ask if I celebrated Christmas, Hanukah, and a host of other holidays.  I told them that if someone asks me to celebrate something with them or teaches me about a holiday that they celebrate, there's a pretty good chance that I'll do it!  

I got the perfect chance to continue celebrating today!  Before classes this morning, we had a school-wide Chinese New Year celebration, complete with flutes (errr... recorders), drums, and Chinese dragons!  I got festive with my beautiful new handmade lamp work earrings from entre2et7 and a kimono.  The earrings were the perfect pop of color against my monochromatic outfit and since some of the beads have Asian writing (I'll admit, I don't know what they say or what language the characters are written in), I thought they'd be a fun touch! 

If you celebrate, I wish you a happy, peaceful, and prosperous new year! 







4 comments: