Sunday, June 26, 2016

#SustainableSunday re-purposing, round 2...


Indigo Apparel infinity scarf, repurpose infinity scarves, how to wear an infinity scarf, Mata Traders Tahoe tribal necklace, Goldie's vegan suede bellbottoms, Jessica Ricci Jewelry Belgian love lace ring, boho outfit, hippie outfit, vintage-inspired outfit, 1970s outfit

I think I might be a little bit obsessed... blame it on several sleepless nights spent on Pinterest, but seriously, I really think I'm on to something here with wearing clothes in ways other than they were initially intended to be work (see me wear a skirt as an infinity scarf HERE).

This time, I got the brilliant idea to turn an infinity scarf into a shirt!  How did I do this, you ask.  It's simple.  I laid the scarf out flat, stuck a couple of safety pins in the top to hold the scarf together where it wold drape over my shoulders, and voila!  Instant new shirt! It was perfectly breezy and I felt like a super hippie!   


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the shirt is a re-purposed scarf that is made from organic bamboo and cotton and eco-friendly dyes
: the necklace is fair trade
: the bracelets and rings were handmade and locally sourced 












9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved the way they all worked together!

      Delete
  2. great outfit!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! The top is actually an infinity scarf!

      Delete
  4. Nice pants, i love the outfit!
    Please check out: tfmbe.blogspot.com
    A new fashion inspiration blog, thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, I also have some scarves that I could wear outside of their purpose, will try that soon. :)
    Enjoy your day!
    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete