Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Branching out...


The Pinkwell ombre ruana, Solo Hope In the Rough necklace, Kisii Ethiopian prayer bead bracelets, Ija Designs spiral ring, AMI Clubwear studded slip on shoes, casual outfit, minimalist outfit, monochromatic outfit

Ladies and gentlemen, hold the phone... I finally crossed something off of my blogger bucket list that's been there since I started blogging!  I took outfit photos in an underpass.  I don't know for sure what it is about underpasses (but it's probably the graffiti) that has always made me want to shoot in one, but I could never find a place that was safe enough.  

All of that changed today!  I was on my way to work and was focused on trying to notice new things. I pulled into a parking lot, intending to photoshoot there, but then it hit me: there is a publicly sanctioned walking trail that just so happens to go directly under a busy road.  Boom.  I was off like a shot!  

I love that I found this photo location while wearing this particular outfit since the colour scheme of both outfit and location are a rather epic match!  Since I've been so huge lately on colour and embroidery and all sorts of bohemian-ness, this look was a bit of a change from the norm and it had me feeling both like I should head back to Sweden and like I may need to consider a move back to Manhattan.  It's just got that minimalist/city-slicker vibe that I don't often pull off.  Of course, I had to get fancy with ombré, add some eclectic handmade accessories, and show off my henna, but hey... at least I branched out a little bit, right? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the tunic was purchased second hand
: the necklace is fair trade/handmade from a piece of lava rock that was literally found on the ground near a volcano in Honduras
: the bracelets are all handmade







8 comments:

  1. Great photo location, and I love the henna.

    http://www.fuckhighclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit. :)
    Enjoy your day!
    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool and stylish!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete