Friday, August 19, 2016

Transitions...


Garment Collective black twill shorts, Skar Designs necklace, Skar Designs leather cuff, Skar Designs beaded bracelets, teacher outfit, summer outfit, casual outfit

Dear People of the World, 

Vegas is incredibly hot. 

Love, Moi.

But really.  I knew that it would be hot here, but I don't think I fully understood just HOW hot it would be... and now that I'm living on my own and won't get paid for another month, I am doing everything within my power not to spend a cent, which unfortunately, means that I very rarely turn the air conditioning on. 

This isn't AS crazy as it sounds, because in Germany we had no air conditioning and I just got used to being hot all the time.  My uniform while at home, I'm ashamed to admit, was booty shorts and a sports bra (and it may or may not have become so again).  Also, I've been spending lots of time at work or in common areas in my apartment complex, so I get air and Internet (which I have also yet to install at home) and can get stuff done.  

Also with this transition to Vegas comes a switch back to wearing teacher clothes.  I've spoken before about how I'm really not a huge fan of "teacher" clothes because I feel like I have to reign myself back and I lose some ability to express myself.  I love to make outfits and while, yes, dress codes definitely have a place in society, some of the things that I would like to wear and would still be dress code appropriate sometimes earn me some weird looks at work.  Definitely not what I want to happen when starting a new job!  

I've been trying to work my usual hippie clothes into work-appropriate outfits and came up with this little number!  I still got to wear my gladiator sandals and my linen top, but instead of wearing baggy palazzo pants, I opted for these fair trade twill shorts!  I think it worked!  

What do you think?  What are some things that you're living without?  Any transitions in your life as a new school year starts? 








3 comments:

  1. love the top!
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect transition look.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! It looks very relaxed and definitely brings in the hippie vibe too. The only strange looks you'll be getting is people wondering how you're pulling off such and chic yet laidback look ;)

    I found out Monday that I got into college and will be registering on the 5th which is just 2 weeks away so I'm super pumped for that! It also means I have to start looking for new clothes for college abd putting together outfits. Luckily for me, I don't have to deal with the Vegas Sun. Just the Irish rain

    Ama / Albatroz & Co.
    http://www.albatrozandco.com

    ReplyDelete