Monday, January 23, 2017

Title 1...


Mata Traders Ikat mini dress, Ethic Goods half circle necklace, Sudara Bengal bangle cuff, Rosegal black booties, work outfit, sustainable outfit

Dear world, I have got to say that this outfit made me feel epically cool.  My school won a country-wide award for being one of the top Title 1 schools in the country, so we had a huge assembly, the news came (the side of my face made it into the final cut!), and our principal asked all of the teachers to dress nicely.  

I actually first wore this outfit to SB's holiday party, but I didn't get any snaps, so I figured I'd outfit recycle for my big day at work! 

The greatest part about this outfit is that it is mostly fair trade!  My Ikat dress was made at a fair trade cooperative in India and my favorite new necklace was made out of beads that were re-purposed from bullet casings picked up in former conflict areas in Eastern Africa.  Pretty cool, huh? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the dress is fair trade
: the necklace is fair trade and handmade
: the cuff is fair trade and handmade
: the ring is handmade







5 comments:

  1. that is a pretty dress and I love how you add the vest

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool about your school! I love how the dress is fair trade! I love the shift style and pattern!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post is great! Loving your photos:)

    irinathayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so cute and I love those black booties
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the title 1 award! That's pretty incredible considering just how many schools there are, you should feel really proud! I'm loving this outfit and the necklace has such an amazing origin, I would love to own something with that much history! x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete