Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The lady with the long blonde hair...


Hello Eyewear Konvoy sunglasses, Birds of a Feather Designs raw opal necklace, entre2et7 Asian-inspired earrings, Lazuli Handcrafted raw stone stacking rings, Amy Waltz Designs stacking rings, sustainable outfit, casual outfit

The weirdest thing happened the other day.  I was at work and was looking for my mentor, who was in a meeting.  While I was on the search for my mentor, I ran into another teacher who said she'd send my mentor my way if they crossed paths.  This is not all that weird in itself, but about 5 minutes later, I could hear this other teacher in the hallway saying, "Hey, that new teacher lady with the long blonde hair wants you."  

Now, I wasn't blogging back in 2011, but in 2011, I had kind of a weird life experience and I chopped off all of my hair a la Emma Watson.  I wavered between feeling super chic and French-ish and feeling like an awkward teenaged boy with my pixie cut, but the long and short of it (haha) was that I decided never to cut my hair that short ever again.  I've been growing it out ever since.  

When I lived overseas and made quick trips home, my pals were always totally shocked by how long my hair was, but I didn't really see it.  It's just been something that's attached to me, I see it every day, but I tend not to think much of it... until this teacher totally overlooked the fact that I have a name and used the length of my hair as my one defining characteristic.  

And then I took these photos.  And my jaw dropped, because wow... my hair is getting pretty long!

And hey... how cool are my new shades? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tie dye top was thrifted
: the necklace is handmade
: the rings are handmade
: the earrings are handmade






4 comments:

  1. Love your Outfit you look really beautiful!

    Please visit my Blog!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/

    Alessa Bernal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful look!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete


  3. Wow, I’m just really happy that I fint your blog. Your style is perfect. Don’t stop posting ,
    because I’m coming back.
    Regards
    Walkindiscount.com

    ReplyDelete