: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday and some epic hair flips...

Sunday, February 5, 2017


On this everso lovely #SustainableSunday, I am reflecting on the week that has just passed.  While the sane side of me is perfectly aware that there are but 5 weekdays during which I am expected to be at work, the part of me that gets swept away with things feels very strongly that last week there was a loophole in the space/time continuum that caused the week to be twice as long.  

I don't know if it was because my assistant was gone and I had to work with subs, if it was because my students were especially moody, or what, but I really woke up each day thinking it was Thursday... but only Thursday was Thursday and when Thursday did roll around, it really felt like it ought to have been Saturday.  

And so, now that I have had a day of relaxation and the sane part of me is synched back up with the other bit, I find myself looking at the week ahead with a modicum of dread.  There are still two full work weeks before the next holiday off and if they are anything like the week I just had, well... I might be cashing in those last few sick days!  

In any case, a bit of R&R, vintage tunes on vinyl, some great local coffee and the warm sunshine (... not to mention these epic hair flips) are helping to fortify me for whatever the week ahead may bring... 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sweater is made from recycled fibers
: the trousers are fair trade
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the necklace is re-purposed, handmade and fair trade, 
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the ring is fair trade and handmade






3 comments on "#SustainableSunday and some epic hair flips... "
  1. Love this look!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit!

    Have a great weekend,
    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete