: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Versatile pieces...

Friday, February 10, 2017

Synergy Organic Clothing triangle stitch triangle tank, GlobeIn jewelry, Amy Waltz Designs ocean Jasper bracelet, casual outfit, sustainable fashion

It's a fabulous, fringe-y Friday and that's just about all there is to say right now!  It's been another long work week, I have a lot of big decisions on my plate and I am looking forward to crawling into bed with a good library book, but first... 

... isn't sustainable fashion just awesome?  Since jumping on the sustainable bandwagon, followed by the minimalist bandwagon, I've been trying to do more with less and get really creative with my wardrobe.  This fringe skirt is one of my favourite and more versatile pieces.  I received it as a gift years ago, and honestly, wasn't totally sure if it was a skirt or a dress.  I've worn it as both and I can't decide which I like better.  If I get really fancy, I can also wear it as a scarf, which I haven't ever photographed, but I've played around with it several times.  

In any case, pieces like this are the bread and butter of creating a minimalist wardrobe.  Pair it with fair trade pieces, and you're good to go! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is fair trade and handmade
: the earrings and necklace are fair trade and handmade from scraps of sheet metal
: the ring is fair trade and handmade
: the bracelet is handmade






1 comment on "Versatile pieces... "
  1. It's great that you can wear it as a dress and a skirt! I have a few dresses that I have also worn as skirts.

    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete