Monday, April 17, 2017

Rediscoveries...


Minted Magpie mala beads, MudLOVE be still band, Song Yee Designs turquoise berry ring, floral joggers, casual outfit, spring outfit

In my recent quest to simplify my life, minimalism has played a major role.  I've been trying to break away from my regular mindset: i.e. See something I like?  Buy it.  Let it sit around for ages.  Do nothing about it.  To this effect, I've been going through my belongings and have tried to sell or give away everything that I haven't used in at least 6 months.  In this cleanout, though, I ended up rediscovering something that I'd planned to get rid of years ago: these floral trousers.  

If you've been following : the daily savant : for a while now, you may remember that years ago, I made these trousers, put together an outfit with them and won a screening party of the movie "Epic" because my nature-inspired outfit was so fabulous! 

In Germany, I stashed them away in my scrap fabric pile and promptly forgot about them, but as I dug through my scrap fabric pile a few weeks ago (because, obviously, the minimalist in me just wants to make/sell stuff with the scraps and be done with it!) I found them again!  Fun!  Now... to keep them or to cut them up again? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the shirt is second-hand
: the trousers were handmade
: the jewelry is all handmade





SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment