Thursday, May 11, 2017

Hand-painted...


Illufuchs hand-painted leggings, Mountain Lust Jewelry antler pendant, Jessica Ricci Jewelry Buddha amulet ring, casual outfit, boho outfit

Holy cow, am I ever behind!  Friends, I think that this must be the life of a teacher.  Every time one thing gets crossed off of the work to-do list, 6 more things make their way onto said list and since it's the end of the year, the window for completing these tasks is quickly closing!  

That being said, I cannot wait for the summer.  I am SO looking forward to spending more time doing things that I love i.e. sharing my greatest handmade and sustainable finds here and as a little preview, I have got to share these leggings with ya'll!  

They are hand-painted with bleach and I think that they're the coolest!  As someone who loves to be covered in henna, but who can't always find affordable henna, these leggings are an awesome trade off!  They came to me all the way from my former homeland (aka Deutschland) and wearing them over spring break in California and at work have both earned them TONS of compliments.  

Ira at Illufuchs is an absolute genius!  She has worked wonders with a bleach pen and I highly recommend that you check out her shop!  She's got a few other designs (a Hamsa hand and a lotus, among them) that will make anyone with a happy hippie heart feel some serious leggings joy! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the top was thrifted
: the necklace is handmade (from ethically harvested deer antler)
: the jewelry is handmade
: the leggings are handmade
: the sandals are made from recycled yoga mats







SaveSave

1 comment: